EMC's Melbourne labs receive testing accreditation
EMC Technologies has announced that its Melbourne labs have been accredited for a wide scope of safety and environmental testing.
Compliance with electrical safety standards and directives is a mandatory requirement worldwide. EMC’s comprehensive NATA accredited safety testing facility at its Sydney Branch (since 1996) and the A2LA accredited Melbourne facilities at Keilor Park provide a choice of NATA or A2LA accredited testing. Either endorsed report will have international recognition under the umbrella of the ILAC (International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation).
The new facility can test to most safety standards to AS/NZS and EN/IEC required for RCM (declared and non-declared articles) and CE LVD compliance. For RCM level 3 (high risk) devices, EMC can also provide the mandatory accredited safety test necessary for certification and ERAC registration, valid in Australia and New Zealand.
The company can provide safety testing services and NATA or A2LA test reports for the following common standards:
- AS/NZS/EN/IEC 60335 series for appliances including EMC/EMF safety
- AS/NZS/EN/IEC 61010 series for measurement, control and laboratory instruments
- AS/NZS/EN/IEC 60598 series for lighting equipment
- AS/NZS/EN/IEC 61558 series for power transformers, power supplies and similar device
- AS/NZS/EN/IEC 60950-1 for telecoms/ITE (ACMA recognised testing authority)
- AS/NZS 3100 general requirements for electrical equipment
- AS/NZS 3105 electrical portable outlet devices, control or conditioning devices
- AS/NZS 3112 plug & sockets
- AS/NZS/EN/IEC 60695 series for fire hazard testing including glow wire test, Needle flame test and ball pressure test
- AS/NZS/EN/IEC 60112 for Proof and Comparative Tracking Index (PTI/CTI)
- AS/EN/IEC 60529 Degree of Ingress protection (IP) for water (up to X8) and dust (IP5X and IP6X)
- Environmental-Climatic for MIL-STD-810D, 810G, 202H and railway application (EN/IEC 50155)
- AS/NZS 4665.1 for performance of external power supplies
Originally published here.
Antenna Systems Solutions, a Celestia Technologies Group company, has appointed Scientific...
The 2018 Electronic Industries Awards were presented at the Hong Kong Electronics Fair (Autumn...
Arrow Electronics and Infineon Technologies will provide start-up businesses in South-East Asia,...