Premier Farnell extends linecard, releases e-book
Premier Farnell has recently made global agreements with a number of leading manufacturers, providing customers with access to several new product lines in key market sectors, covering the interconnect, passives and electromechanical (IP&E) and semiconductor product categories.
Premier Farnell’s extended linecard provides customers with products to support applications in markets such as automotive, industrial, mobile, smart grid, metering, industrial automation, building automation, energy management, network infrastructure, office automation and more. The new global franchises, with products now in stock at Farnell element14 in Europe, Newark element14 in North America and element14 in APAC, include:
- Osram Opto Semiconductors, a key player in the optoelectronics semiconductor market. Premier Farnell’s global franchise brings high-performance (LEDs), infrared emitters, lasers and sensors to its range.
- Nidec Copal, a manufacturer of optical, electronic and mechanical equipment for the medical, automotive, industrial and whitegoods sectors. Premier Farnell is stocking the company’s switches, passives and fans.
- Taoglas, a provider of external, embedded and base station antenna solutions for M2M applications. Premier Farnell now stocks Taoglas’s products for industry applications including automotive, smart grid, metering, telemetry, home automation and medical.
The company has separately announced the launch of a new e-book, titled ‘The Embedded Interviews 2018’ and featuring interviews with several experts in the embedded systems sector.
The interviews cover a range of topics, including views about tools, predictions on the future of the embedded market and an overview of embedded products. Interview subjects include:
- Cliff Ortmeyer, Global Head of Solutions Development for Premier Farnell
- Jack Ogawa, Senior Marketing Director, IoT Compute & Wireless Business Unit, Cypress Semiconductor
- Geoff Lees, Senior Vice President & General Manager of Microcontrollers at NXP
- Andy Harding, Director, Broad-based Solutions, Renesas
- Øivind Loe, Senior Marketing Manager, IoT Products, Silicon Labs
- Laurent Vera, Director, EMEA Microcontroller Marketing, STMicroelectronics
- Adrian Fernandez, Microcontroller Development Experience Manager, and Henry Wiechman, Embedded Processor Software Marketing & Strategy, Texas Instruments.
“These interviews with some of the leading engineers in the largest and most innovative embedded processor companies reveal how they build knowledge of the needs of their customers to deliver optimal solutions to the challenges of developing modern embedded products,” said Ralf Buehler, Senior Vice-President of Sales & Marketing at Premier Farnell and Farnell element14.
“We are delighted that such influential leaders in the embedded world have given their time to this book, and we hope that the embedded community will find their interviews helpful and interesting.”
The book was launched at electronica 2018, held in Munich from 13–16 November, and is available to download from http://www.element14.com/ebooks.
The Graphene Pavilion is returning to Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2019 with over 20...
Following the acquisition, OMRON Nohgata will now be known as Advantech Technologies Japan (ATJ).
STMicroelectronics will acquire 55% of Norstel's share capital, with an option to acquire the...