Wanted: Host employers for advanced manufacturing internships
The Commonwealth Scholarships Program for South Australia has opened applications for employers to host students in internships in advanced manufacturing industries, including the electronics industry.
Managed by Scope Global, the four-year, $24 million program offers support for a minimum of 1200 undergraduate, postgraduate and vocational education and training (VET) students to complete a 20-day internship with a host employer. Scope Global is now seeking South Australian businesses that are interested in hosting interns.
Host employers will be reimbursed for internship payments up to the value of $3000, and will also receive a one-off payment of $500 as a contribution towards the costs of providing scholars with an internship, eg, for administration and insurance expenses. Additional benefits to hosting an intern are as follows, according to Scope Global:
- Access to high-quality and motivated scholars that will bring knowledge of current trends, theories and ideas to tackle a real-world problem from the workplace.
- An opportunity to demonstrate corporate social responsibility and enhance image in the community by contributing support and expertise to future leaders.
- Development of leadership, mentoring and coaching skills of your current workforce.
- Development of valuable links with education and training institutions.
- An opportunity to promote your organisation’s brand.
- An opportunity to identify potential new talent.
The ARC Centre of Excellence for Transformative Meta-Optical Systems is set to research the...
Analog Devices' multisensory MeasureWare platform enables Digi-Key customers to have their...
element14 celebrates the sale of 15 million Raspberry Pi SBCs and announces the distribution of...